The Organic Agriculture Act of 2010 or the Republic Act 10068 is an Act providing for the development and promotion of organic agriculture in the Philippines. It declares that the policy of the State shall be to promote, propagate, develop further and implement the practice of organic agriculture in the country.
In 2007, the Negros Island Certification Services, Inc. pushed for the crafting of the Negros Island Organic Certification (NICERT) in support of the R.A 10068. The development of Negros Island Organic Certification addresses the growing needs of various organic producers and processors in the region seeking organic certification.
– Provides Inspection and Certification services to producers or processors of organic product;
– Knowledgeable on all kinds or types of Organic Standards PNS, Europe, USA and Japan;
– Familiarity with IFOAM Organic Standards;
– Conduct research and development for organic crops and livestock production, processing and handling, marketing and trading;
– Transparency in providing consumers the names of clients that were certified, including products certified;
What products can be certified?
– Crops: A plant that is grown to be harvested as food, livestock feed, fiber, or used to add nutrients to the field.
– Livestock: Animals that can be used for food or in the production of food, fiber, or feed.
– Processed products: Items that have been handled and packaged or combined, processed, and packaged.
For more information about NICERT, please email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact (034) 433-2174 or 0917-320-3325.